Though the Robertson Cup was recently handed out, there is no rest for the wicked. The NAHL and their member teams released their 2021-22 schedule on Tuesday and the Black Bears have some highlights when it comes to their schedule.
- For a third time in their four-year history, the Black Bears will open up at home against New Jersey. Each of the last two times, New Jersey has swept the series.
- One big note is the start times for the home Black Bears games are not 7:45 PM anymore. Friday’s games will be either 6:30 PM ET or 7:30 PM ET depending on the weekend, while all Saturday dates are at 7:00 PM ET.
- The Jamestown Rebels are back after a year hiatus. Maryland faces them in three home and three away series, including the home season finale at the Den.
- Maryland faces Jamestown and New Jersey six weekends, with the other four teams in the East taking up four weekend during the season.
- After the first weekend, the Black Bears and the NAHL are off to Blaine to take part in the NAHL Showcase were the Black Bears will take on four non-divisional team– which will be announced at a later date.
- The Top Prospects Tournament is back to early February, after which– the Black Bears will take part in their lone afternoon weekday series against Northeast. There’s no note about it, but it’s probably safe to say that the TPT is back in Attleboro, home of the Generals.
- Their first away weekend is a wild one in October, as the Black Bears playing New Jersey Friday and then Johnstown on Saturday.
It’s short and to the point, but let’s get thinking about the 2021-22 season– as the Draft is only two weeks away and then camps should start rolling in.